Team Manager's notes: 10-31-12
1. The Penn State meet Trip Itinerary is now posted to the home page icon PSU info HUB. If going to the meet, please make a hard copy of this info and any of the other information on the HUB page to take with you (campus maps, things to do, etc...) GOOD LUCK TO ALL PSU MEET SWIMMERS!
Don't forget to take photos and send them to us when you get back!
2. START and TURN CLINIC: Tentatively planned for Saturday December 15th @ GMU. Further details forthcoming. Please make a note.
3. Team SNOW TUBING TRIP has been established for Saturday January 12th from noon- 2:00 p.m. Cost $28 per person. Liberty Mt. Emittsburg MD. Travel time approx. 1.25/1.5 hours from DC. Open to first 200 registrants. We are also gathering information on establishing a SKI or SNOWBOARD group reservation at the same time for those seeking a more advanced thrill. Further info and registration forms coming soon. See web site. (As you may recall, last year we had to cancel our snow tub trip TWICE due to NO SNOW!!)
4. Thanksgiving Holiday practice schedule will be posted to the calendar by November 15th. Regular practice schedule will NOT be in effect over the T-giving Holiday. Please make a note.
5. Komen Foundation: The Potomac Marlins Breast Cancer Awareness fundraiser for the Susan G. Komen for the CURE foundation brought in $1800 in donations! Way to go MARLINS! Checks will be sent in one group next week. The Potomac Marlins team sponsored the production of the T-shirts ($975) and Sport Fair and Classic Tees printers each helped out a little by reducing the cost of the shirts by $1 each. ($175 each). Thank you to all who supported the cause. Other PVS teams took notice of our cool shirts and it inspired talk to make the October Open a PVS league wide Breast Cancer fundraiser for the future. Splashin' it for the CURE could become a national USA swimming effort! .... and it all started here!
6. High School swim season starts on Monday Nov. 5th. Marlins swim practices are DIRECTLY impacted at Chinquapin ( 30 minute time shift) and Cub Run (lane reductions on M-T & TH). Other Marlins practice facilities will have indirect impact as practices may start immediately after HS practices are ending. Please be aware. Parents may choose to begin accompanying their swimmers through locker rooms during times when HS swimmers may be using them at the same time. Also, it is our recommendation that Marlins swimmers NOT leave their personal items in the locker rooms. Bring all of your items on deck to the designated area(s) and have them stored in your Team Backpack for safety. High School swimming will run through January 2013.
7. Web Site MOBILE APP access: Thank you to those who have made us aware that the Marlins web site currently does NOT work properly with mobile devises. Specifically, mobile apps are not currently capable of handling the DROP DOWN MENUS for some reason. After some research, we have found that this is due to the way mobile apps work on the net. To make a long story short, we are aware of the issue, and we are working on finding the simplest and least disruptive solution. It is likely that we will modify one of the current menu tabs to be a MOBILE APP HUB. this will take mobile app users to a HUB page where drop down menus are NOT used. The most popular Marlins pages will be accessible by mobile devices from this page only. The rest of the Marlins home page will continue to operate on home PCs with the drop down menus. At least this is the "theory".
8. CAR POOL anyone??? If anyone is interested in finding out about Car Pool possibilities for their practice or practice facility, please send me a note with your name, facility, practice days of the week, practice program, and contact e-mail. I will compile this info and re-send. Please send this info by Monday November 5th if interested.
9. PLEASE REMEMBER, parents are not permitted on deck during practice times. this includes parents with facility memberships. If you have a facility membership, you are allowed to use the facilities during practice, but PLEASE do not stand in or around the Marlins practice lanes during practices. Thank you.
10. OUTFITTING. Please remember, only Marlins team outfitting for meets and practices (practice suits are only exception to this rule). Look like a team, act like a team, perform like a team.
Have a great week!